Pre-workouts can seem like they are all the same. Try one and you’ve tried them all. The truth is that most pre-workouts are caffeine-filled products that only tax your adrenals and give you the illusion that they work.
A true pre-workout will enhance your energy on a cellular level, but it will also improve your focus, enhance mood, and even improve recovery times without causing you to feel ‘crashed’ or ‘jittery’ afterwards. Is Vintage Blast by Old School Labs such a pre-workout? We give you a summary first, after which you can read the rest at your leisure!
Vintage Blast Pre Workout Review at a Glance
Looking for a natural supplement to supercharge your gym sessions? Then Vintage Blast Pre Workout is definitely worth looking into. Its 2-stage natural formula ensures that your body gets the endurance, strength, focus and energy to perform even the toughest of physical routines.
It has a moderate dose of caffeine which means it won’t cause you a crash if you tolerate stimulants well. You can pick between 3 different flavor options – Blueberry Lemonade, Peach Lemonade, and Smoked Pineapple – all of which taste good and are naturally flavored. The only downside is that Vintage Blast Pre-Workout doesn’t mix well with a spoon, we always have chunks left using this method. A shaker bottle produces much better results.
Key features include:
- Formulated to help you work out longer with intensity
- Comes as a powder with 20 servings per container
- Three great flavors to choose from
- Mixes easily with water
- Costs $39.99 per container
- No side effects other than the regular caffeine warning!
Overall, Vintage Blast pre-workout is one of the cleanest pre-workouts on offer right now – although still not quite on the same level as the current 2 market leaders, 4 Gauge and Performance Lab’s Pre.
Keep on reading as we take a deeper, in-depth look at Vintage Blast!
Looking for a Pre-Workout that works?
About Vintage Blast Pre Workout
Have you ever hit the gym not feeling at the top of your game? Are you tired, unmotivated, or just downright sluggish?
We have all felt the same at some point when going for a workout, and the best part is, we have the perfect remedy to tackle this issue: a quality pre-workout supplement like Vintage Blast from Old School Labs!
Vintage Blast has been designed, formulated and manufactured by Old School Labs, a company focused on bringing back the golden age of body building and supplementation.
Even looking at their logo you will notice the 70s style macho-man with an old-school vibe. The company is relatively new in the health and supplement business but they have made a name for themselves real fast.
They say: “The Energy to Go Beyond Normal!”.
Vintage Blast Pre Workout is known for its 2-stage delivery system. It ensures that you not only get the boost you need to kick-start your workout but also during the more intense periods.
Old School Labs claim that Vintage Blast Pre Workout will help you with:
- Increased focus and attention
- Improved workout efficiency
- Does not lose effectiveness over-time
- Specifically formulated with ingredients to avoid tolerance and dependency
- Helps prevent crashing due to the steady release of energy
Legit claims, or empty promises? Let’s find out below!
How to Use Vintage Blast Pre Workout
Like most pre-workout supplements, the Vintage Blast Pre Workout is pretty simple to use.
Here’s how you should take it:
- Take around 400ml to 500ml of water
- Take one scoop of Vintage Blast Pre Workout and pour it into the water
- Mix it up really well – it doesn’t dissolve fast in our experience
- Drink up and wait for the blast of energy!
However, some pointers to keep in mind:
- You need to take it 15 to 30 minutes BEFORE you start the workout (surprisingly how many people get this part wrong!)
- Start by taking half a scoop to see how well you can handle it
- You can move on to a full scoop if you handled it well
- Once scoop before a workout is enough, no need to take more.
- Your body will use half of the caffeine at the start, and the rest kicks in halfway through the workout.
Only use it once a day before your most intense workout regimen.
It has caffeine so make sure to not take it when it’s nearly bedtime.
Vintage Blast Pre Workout Ingredients
Vintage Blast’s caffeine content is 150mg per serving, which is a really nice dose – equaling about a cup and a half of coffee. Unless you’re intolerant, this shouldn’t cause big issues.
As mentioned before, the main attraction of this supplement is its 2-stage formula. It has the ability to give you a boost before and during your workouts. But, how is that even possible? The secret lies in the ingredients!
Now, rather than going into the confusing scientific jargon, we’ll keep things simple.
- Citrulline: One of the main ingredients that caught our eye was citrulline. This is an amino acid responsible for increasing endurance and blood flow. It even aids in enhancing overall circulatory health.
- Arginine: Even though arginine has the same functionality as citrulline, having both of them in one supplement ensures that you get the best possible pre-workout boost.
- Caffeine: This is another natural stimulant that enhances performance, however, here it is micro-encapsulated. What this does is that it releases the caffeine into the body slowly, resulting in you feeling energetic for a longer period of time.
- Beta-Alanine, D-Aspartic Acid, L-Carnitine Tartrate, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine: All these ingredients help in boosting endurance, focus and overall energy.
- Vitamins & Minerals: To ensure that your body gets the necessary nutrients and you don’t end up with any sort of vitamin deficiency, Old School Labs has included:
- Vitamin C: Minimizes any cellular damage
- Vitamins B12, B6, B5, and Niacin, aka B-vitamins: Aids the body in efficiently producing and releasing energy
- Electrolytes: Potassium, Sodium and Magnesium. These help in keeping the body hydrated during those intense sweaty sessions.
The best part about Old School Labs and the Vintage Blast Pre Workout supplement is that they not only use ingredients of the highest quality, but they also ensure that these ingredients are natural, non-GMO and responsibly sourced!
Who can tell better about a product than customers who have personally used it?
There are some great reviews by users who have benefited from Vintage Blast Pre Workout. Almost all of them have felt the energy boost to power through even the toughest of workouts. Some have even praised the product’s quality of reducing soreness and tiredness they used to get post-workout.
A few people complained about rapid heartbeat and anxiety, which is attributable to caffeine sensitivity.
It has a 4.8 rating on the Old School Labs shopping page. Granted, this is from their website so it will naturally have moderated reviews. But it also has a great 4.3 score on Amazon, with over 12,000 reviews written there. While there are reports of side effects such as headaches and nausea, Old School Labs Vintage Blast looks like a well-accepted pre workout.
Does Vintage Blast Pre Workout Have Side Effects?
If you’re looking for a stim-free pre-workout, then Vintage blast is not for you. I recommend checking Performance Lab’s Pre in this case – by far the cleanest pre-workout we’ve tried, providing really impressive pre-workout benefits without using any caffeine.
As for Vintage Blast, since it comprises of ingredients that are completely natural, non-GMO and have nothing artificial, the chances of you having any side effects are almost zero to minimal!
Contains Caffeine: The supplement does have caffeine so if you have a bad history with this stimulant, then you should know that it may cause:
- Rapid heartbeat
It would be best to consult with your physician before taking this product if you suspect you might be sensitive to high doses of caffeine.
There is, however, an allergen warning. The supplement is produced in a facility that also processes:
- Eggs & milk
- Peanuts & tree nuts
So, if you have any adverse allergic issues with any of the above mentioned ingredients, it would be best to consult your doctor before using this supplement!
There’s no denying the fact that you need a boost of energy to pump those muscles and enhance your focus in order to make the most of your workout. Taking a scoop, or even half a scoop, properly mixed in water will ensure that you work out harder and for longer.
Vintage Blast is a clean pre-workout that, unless you specifically prefer stim-free pre-workouts, will give you ample energy without making you feel like a zombie later!