Menopause is a natural process that signals the end of menstrual cycles in woman’s life.
Menopause is confirmed 12 months after your last period. However, the transition and symptoms linked to menopause can linger for a number of years! During this period, you are likely to experience some uncomfortable symptoms, and, unfortunately, an increased risk of certain diseases.
The good news is, you can significantly diminish the negative side effects of menopause with your diet and lifestyle modifications. There are many natural supplements on the market that can help you get healthier, feel better, and be the best you. Some natural ingredients have been shown to induce positive changes during all stages of the menopause.
As with all supplements though, not every menopause product are created equal.
This review will focus on A. Vogel Menopause Support. We’ll take a close look at its ingredients and analyse it with a fine-tooth comb to see if its claims hold up and how it compares to other natural menopause supplements.
Vogel Menopause Support Review at a Glance
- Relatively cheap at £14.99 per bottle (60 capsules)
- Contains over 50mg of magnesium per serving to help reduce insomnia, stress, and muscle cramps
- A good dose of hibiscus extract for immunity and general health support
- Contains a low dose of soy isoflavones which mimic estrogen in effects
- Lack of more proven ingredients
- Underdosed soy isoflavones means their effects are limited
- Contains a few unproven ingredients such as hibiscus extract
The Current #1 Rated Female Supplement:
Kurapeak is the best women’s vitality supplement we’ve come across on the market.
With balanced doses, 9 clinically backed ingredients and totally vegan – it’s one of the highest quality, cleanest, and most effective female supplements out there.
Kurapeak helps to improve:
- Energy levels
- Joint flexibility & function
- Libido and sexual health
- Mental clarity & mood
Among other benefits. If you’re looking for an effective option with clinically studied ingredients, check our Kurapeak review.
About Vogel Menopause Support
A. Vogel Menopause Support is a dietary herbal supplement containing soy isoflavones, hibiscus extract, and magnesium among a few other ingredients claimed to help you through all stages of the menopause.
Each bottle of Vogel Menopause Support contains 60 tablets and costs around 15 British Pounds or roughly 21 USD.
Key things you should know about Vogel Menopause Support include:
- It’s made from soy beans
- Contains magnesium and hibiscus
- Supports all stages of the menopause
- Consists of “unique” ingredients
- GMO free and vegan friendly
Benefits of Vogel Menopause Support include:
- Improved sleep
- Less irritbility
- Helps with tiredness and fatigue
A. Vogel draws on 2015 NICE guidelines for menopause (2015) for their claims about this dietary supplement. They say NICE shows evidence that isoflavones may reduce vasomotor symptoms which include flushing and temperature changes.
So, how much of this is true and backed by actual evidence?
When it comes to hot flushes, you’re probably aware that main menopausal symptoms include night sweats and excessive sweating. Current studies don’t show soy flavones can help a lot with this particular issue – more on that below!
How to Use Vogel Menopause Support
A. Vogel Menopause Support usage direction are simple: take 1 tablet twice per day (morning and evening) with your meals.
Some things to remember are to never give this supplement to children, not to exceed the recommended dose, and avoid using it if you’re allergic to any ingredients, pregnant, breast-feeding or taking hormonal contraceptives. Obviously, the best course of action is to talk to your MD to make sure you can safely take this supplement!
Okay, onto the most important part now – the ingredients.
Vogel Menopause Support Ingredients
A Vogel Menopause Support is a completely transparent supplement. You can see its ingredients and their doses on the label clearly.
What’s more, the ingredients are all vegan friendly and non-GMO.
Not all is perfect with this supplement, however. Here’s a look at the active ingredients and what they do:
- Tri-Magnesium Dicitrate Anhydrous (405mg, providing 56.7mg magnesium) – Magnesium is an essential trace mineral that helps reduce fatigue a muscle cramps, making it a great choice here.
- Soy Bean Extract (40% isoflavones) – This is a source of soy isoflavones, which are bioflavonoids that mimic the female sex hormone estrogen, which is whey they’re also called phytoestrogens. While there’s some evidence showing soy phytoestrogens may help reduce the effects of menopause in some groups of women, Vogel Menopause doesn’t contain enough to have a major impact on how you feel.
- Hibiscus Extract (35mg) – Hibiscus is a plant known to posses some interesting health benefits. Rich in natural antioxidants, hibiscus works to boost your immune system, reduce free radicals, and even helps fight bacterial infections. The only downside is that it doesn’t address menopausal symptoms specifically. Learn more over at Healthline.
- Essential oils of lemon, lemongrass, and Litsea Cubeba (0.25mg) – Essential oils have been used since ancient times to improve all areas of health and wellness. At the meager dose of 0.25mg per serving combined, however, essential oils in A Vogel Menopause Support won’t have much of an effect on your body. Essential oils are the safest and work best when they’re inhaled through a diffuser, anyway!
Among the inactive ingredients you’ll find microcrystalline cellulose, Beta vulgaris (beetroot juice), and magnesium stearate as binder.
A. Vogel is quick to note that their Menopause Support contains 50mg of bioavailable phytoestrogenic coy isoflavones yielding 24mg of genistein daily, which they say is shown to be the right dosage. However, according to research analysts at Examine, the optimal dosage is 10-20mg of genistein per kilogram of body weight, which is more than what A. Vogel Menopause Support contains.
As far as other ingredients go, A. Vogel Menopause Support only has magnesium going for it. Hibiscus is not common in menopause supplements, and essential oils included are only 0.25mg per serving, which limits their effects.
A. Vogel Menopause Support only has 20 reviews on Amazon at the moment of writing this. The score is 3.9/5 stars – most users hare happy with the safety of this supplement but some women also said they didn’t feel any changes after taking it. Holland and Barrett reviews look much better with an average score of 4.7/5 from over 120 testimonials. However, we couldn’t find out if some of these reviews were paid testimonials and/or were moderated by Holland and Barrett’s staff.
Does Vogel Menopause Support Have Side Effects?
As with all supplements, you may get nausea or stomach upset if you take A. Vogel Menopause Support on an empty stomach. Some people might also have allergies to some of its ingredients.
Generally speaking though, A. Vogel Menopause Support is a safe supplement with well-studied ingredients. The doses are also within the lighter ranges. As such, it shouldn’t cause you any major side effects if you’re otherwise a healthy person.
*You should check with a qualified professional if you aren’t sure whether to take this product or not. Remember, our posts aren’t meant as advice – they’re for informational and entertainment purposes only!
Price, Where to Buy, and Other Things to Consider
There are many places where you can order A. Vogel Menopause Support. You can buy it on Amazon, Holland and Barrett’s website, as well as the official website. Keep in mind though that the prices you’ll pay for Vogel Menopause Support will vary drastically between these websites.
For example, 1-month supply of A. Vogel Menopause Support will cost you only about 15 British Pounds ($20 dollars) on A. Vogel official’s website, whereas the price on Amazon is $33 per bottle. As a result, for the best price, we’d suggest buying A. Vogel Menopause Support directly from its manufacturer or Holland and Barrett (as both have the same prices).
Related: Our Vitality Review Archives
A. Vogel Menopause Support ships to the UK, Canada, USA, Canada, Australia South Africa, and other countries around the world.
At this moment in time, you can not get a free sample of A. Vogel Menopause Support.
The Bottom Line
That concludes our A. Vogel Menopause Support review.
While we rate it as a decent and affordable formula for women who’re looking to feel healthier, it’s not the best menopause supplement on the market right now.
It contains magnesium which helps to ease tension and lift anxiety, along with some soy isoflavones which have been shown, thanks to their estrogen-like properties, to have a positive effect on irritability, insomnia, and hot flashes. Other ingredients, meanwhile, aren’t supported by evidence to help you with menopause.
Vogel Menopause Support also has too little of soy isoflavones to make an impact. Coupled with the fact that it’s missing some of the best natural menopause ingredients like turmeric, ginseng, and saffron, we definitely think you can, with a little research, find better options on sale today.
What do we use?