This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy.
Welcome to our recently updated guide to the best brain supplements, also known as ‘nootropics’ or ‘nootropic stacks’. Suitable for both younger adults looking to maximize their productivity, as well as older folks who want to improve their memory and protect brain function in a healthy, affordable, and safe way.
What are ‘Nootropics?’
Nootropics are substances that positively affect brain function. There are a number of nootropics on the market today, but the two main categories are synthetic and natural nootropics.
A basic example of a natural nootropic is omega-3 fish oil, whereas a synthetic nootropic is something like piracetam. In this guide, we will be focusing solely on natural nootropics that are safe, well-studied, and effective. Synthetic nootropic, although potentially helpful, come with a slew of side effects, which is why we won’t be covering them here.
People from all over the world take nootropics to improve their mental energy, mood, productivity, memory retention, and information processing among others.
You may say, “there are so many nootropics on the market today. How do I know which one is right for me?” That is a good question. Each one of us is different so each nootropic supplement will work differently depending on the ingredients it uses. That said, the very best nootropics all have some things in common, these include:
- Natural and science-backed ingredients
- Mood & focus enhancement
- Improvement in memory and short-term recall
- Formula quality
- Brand reputation & trustworthiness
Some Basics to Know
Today, we’ll be covering nootropic supplements that have comprehensive ingredient formulas. The following supplements have been professionally formulated to address both cognitive improvement and long-range brain protection, so they work no matter if you’re a student or a person in their 60s looking to regain their youthful mental sharpness.
After reviewing over 30 nootropic supplements in the past year alone, we’ve narrowed our list down to these final 3 contenders. You should still do your own research to see if the claims made by these supplements are supported by scientific evidence. That said, we can testify that the following 3 nootropic supplements are the best we’ve seen on the market today – both in terms of quality and effectiveness for promoting long-term brain health.
Mind Lab Pro
Focus By Hunter Evolve
Performance Lab Mind
Our approach to picking out the best nootropic stacks is simple yet effective. The product must contain only natural ingredients that are backed by evidence.
We avoid scam products that can cause negative reactions, and thoroughly analyze the companies and these products for 30 days, minimum.
The best nootropic stack should:
- Work fast and be effective
- Have safe, clinically researched doses of ingredients
- Improve your cognitive function
- Help reduce stress
- Have positive reviews and testimonials online
Using these criteria, we can give you a complete answer on which supplements can stand up to big names in the nootropics market.
Best Nootropic Stacks on Offer Today
#1 Overall – Mind Lab Pro
“Cleanest-quality brain supplement on the market today. It offers impressive benefits on concentration, memory, mental clarity, and long-range cognitive protection.”
With 11 evidence-backed ingredients, Mind Lab Pro is dubbed a “universal nootropic” designed to improve 6 brain pathways – including neurotransmitters, brain cell regeneration, brainwaves, and brain energy. Mind Lab Pro works for people of all walks of life – from athletes to CEOs, to university students, to busy parents and seniors.
Manufactured by the U.K. specialist company Opti-Nutra, Mind Lab Pro has some of the best ratings out of any nootropic. It is endorsed by professionals and high-profile individuals such as Nigel Short (Chess Grandmaster) and Dr. Ramon Velasques, PhD.
While the ingredients in Mind Lab Pro aren’t excessively dosed, Mind Lab Pro is extremely safe, vegan-friendly, and healthy for daily use. It is free of synthetics or cheap fillers, and it is manufactured in cGMP and FDA-approved factories.
Get Prices: www.mindlabpro.com/
Mind Lab Pro is specifically made with concentrated food ingredients that are shown to improve brain energy, brighten mood, help repair memory pathways, and increase your ability to focus and concentrate.
Phosphatidylserine (PS) is a naturally occurring fatty molecule found in your brain cells. It contributes to healthy brain aging, memory retention, and brain cell health & integrity, among many other functions. The problem is that your PS levels go down as you age, which can manifest as a loss of focus, memory, and ability to stay motivated. Mind Lab Pro uses a high-quality Sharp-PS® Green, patented form of Phosphatidylserine which helps to replenish levels of this vital nutrient.
Mind Lab Pro also contains Rhodiola Rosea which has long been known for its anti-fatigue properties. As one of the most researched adaptogenic herbs, Rhodiola also works to diminish anxiety and depressive symptoms, as well as protects your brain cells from the damaging effects of chronic stress.
Then there is Citicoline, the most absorbable form of choline. This patented ingredient in Mind Lab Pro contributes to an improvement in your memory, information recall, and executive functions.
Meanwhile, B-complex vitamins work together to improve your metabolism of these nutrients, along with protecting small blood vessels in your brain from homocysteine, a molecule that tends to build up in the brain as we get older.
Although Mind Lab Pro is completely stimulant-free, many people find it to be just as impressive at boosting energy and mental clarity as any caffeinated nootropic.
Pros and Cons
- Nature-identical B Vitamins
- Highly respected company
- Fast worldwide shipping
- Buy 3 boxes, get 1 free + free worldwide shipping
- Eco-friendly recyclable cardboard boxes
- Excellent reviews from customers and critics alike
- The CDP-Choline dose is too low if you’re taking Racetams
- Premium price: $58-$65 per bottle ($1.95 per serving)
– Mind Lab Pro can be purchased directly from Manufacturer –
#2 – Hunter Focus
Bigger dosed nootropic for concentration and productivity – 180 capsules per bottle. Formulated for consumers looking for the best product on the market.
If you are looking for the highest-quality nootropic with higher dosages of ingredients and more servings, and don’t mind paying the premium price for the best, then look no further than Hunter Focus.
Although it’s 2nd on our list, Hunter Focus is by no means inferior to other supplements on this list. If anything, it is the most advanced nootropic formula we’ve seen in recent years.
Hunter Focus promises to “sharpen your mind and take control amid the chaos”. If the gleaming reviews are anything to go by, it’s clear that Hunter Focus really works. This product knows what it wants to do, and who it is for – it doesn’t compromise in any department.
Hunter Focus was updated in 2022 to an even stronger formula. Its key advantages are:
- Bigger serving sizes for faster results
- The highest quality ingredients available, in generous doses
In terms of the benefits that you can expect from Hunter Focus, they include:
- Sustained, clean mental focus
- Enhanced creativity – find inventive answers to problems
- Reach and break through your goals
- Smash deadlines
- Improved calmness and brain function under pressure
Unfortunately, many pre-made nootropic stacks tend to cheap out on the ingredients – some even hide important dosage info as ‘proprietary blends’ – but not this one.
Hunter Focus contains 20 of the safest and best-researched ingredients on the nootropic market right now – and has the results to show for it. These ingredients include Citicoline – the most bioavailable source of choline for memory – along with Vitamin K2 (MK7) and Organic Lion’s Mane Mushroom for nerve cell recovery and protection.
At the same time, Hunter Focus works to make you calm and reduce stress levels. This is thanks to Ashwagandha in Hunter Focus, which has been shown in research to reduce cortisol by up to 30%. 
Hunter Focus can also serve as an effective pre-workout, keeping you energized and concentrated for longer when exercising.
- Optimal dosage: 3 capsules, 2 times per day with a meal.
Hunter Focus is a premium product, costing $80 per bottle. This is the only reason why it’s 9/10 for us. That said, if you are able to afford it, we believe it’s worth every penny.
Take it for a few weeks and see for yourself.
Pros and Cons
- Natural, safe, and effective formula
- Large servings for more potent and longer-lasting effects
- Made by the esteemed Roar Ambition
- Manufactured in cGMP and FDA-approved facilities
- 180 capsules per bottle
- Healthy for daily use
- Fast & free worldwide shipping
- Buy 4 get 1 free
- Premium price
- Only available on the manufacturer’s website
– Hunter Focus is Available on Hunterrevolve.com –
#3 – Performance Lab Mind
The best nootropic stack for combining with other supplements. Extremely clean formula with 4 key ingredients in researched dosages.
Performance Lab Mind is another product from Opti-Nutra on this list, coming just slightly behind Mind Lab Pro.
This is an ultramodern brain booster that enhances the most fundamental aspects of brain function and long-term brain health – focus, learning, memory, and neuronal protection.
With 4 highly focused and generously dosed nootropics in the formula, Performance Lab Mind’s primary mission is to support mental recovery – helping you to “recharge” just like a fitness supplement accelerates muscle recovery.
This product is specifically designed for individuals who experience mental burnout and/or are under extremely stressful situations to help their brain function at its peak.
Performance Lab Mind’s streamlined formula includes: Cognizin®, Sharp-PS® Green, and the strongest pine bark extract on the market (95% pronanthocyanidins).
Benefits that Performance Lab Mind offers you:
- Natural energy support without the stimulant crash
- Helps to protect your brain and restore balance after stress
- Helps you concentrate and think sharper
- Good for both short-term and long-term memory recall
- Stimulates brain cell growth and proliferation for youthful cognitive well-being
Performance Lab Mind Key Strengths
- Patented brain-boosters Sharp-PS® Green and Cognizin®
- Vegan-friendly capsules made from fermented prebiotic fiber
- Made for stacking with other supplements
With such a light and safe formula, Performance Lab Mind was specifically formulated to be combined with other Performance Lab Supplements depending on your goals. These include:
- Stim (additional energy boost and mental recovery)
- NutriGenesis Multi (general health)
- Omega 3 (highly effective algae-derived DHA and EPA)
- Sleep (enhanced recovery)
- Vision (better reaction & visual acuity)
- MCT (healthy fats for cellular nourishment)
- Prebiotic (gut health support)
- Protein (muscle growth)
- Pre-Workout (training intensity)
- Flex (joint health)
If you want to see all of the Performance Lab formulas, head over to their official website: https://www.performancelab.com/
As for Performance Lab Mind, it’s the smartest nootropic choice for individuals with stressful lives, multitasking, and insufficient sleep. It provides dominant cognitive performance and quicker recovery from mental exertion.
Optimal dosage: 1 capsule, up to 2 times per day with meals.
Pros and Cons
- 4 patented, highly researched brain-boosting ingredients
- Extremely safe and light formula
- Designed for long-term use as a part of your daily vitamin stack
- Premium NutriCaps made from easy-to-digest Tapioca fiber
- Developed by a team of experts and Ph.D. neuroscientists at Opti-Nutra (same as Mind Lab Pro)
- Effects not as strong as some stimulant nootropics
- Only available on PerformanceLab.com
-Mind is Available on the Manufacturer’s Website-
Of the three nootropic stacks, we recommend experimenting with Mind Lab Pro first. Take it for a few weeks as directed and see what kind of results you’ll get.
Our second-best pick is Hunter Focus, which is specifically designed for busy men who want the top-of-the-line nootropic that will give them an extra mental edge in their professional life, and don’t mind paying the premium price for the best.
Performance Lab Mind is our recommended nootropic stack for beginners. Its safe and light formula is an ideal introduction to the world of nootropics. Plus, you can safely stack it with other supplements – including multivitamins, stimulants, and even other nootropics that are in this guide!
At the end of the day, though, each one of us has different biological makeup, which means you’ll need to experiment a bit to see what works best for you!
The best nootropic stack can easily be different for you than it is for another person. Regardless of which you choose, be sure to follow the dosage recommendations.
While all of the nootropic stacks on this list are safe and healthy for daily use, you may give your body a break from them every few months or so if you wish.
For our #1 nootropic stack of the year, click on the link below;
- Mao JJ, Xie SX, Zee J, et al. Rhodiola rosea versus sertraline for major depressive disorder: A randomized placebo-controlled trial. Phytomedicine. 2015;22(3):394-399. doi:10.1016/j.phymed.2015.01.010
- Selhub J, Bagley LC, Miller J, Rosenberg IH. B vitamins, homocysteine, and neurocognitive function in the elderly. Am J Clin Nutr. 2000 Feb;71(2):614S-620S. doi: 10.1093/ajcn/71.2.614s. PMID: 10681269.
- Fioravanti M, Buckley AE. Citicoline (Cognizin) in the treatment of cognitive impairment. Clin Interv Aging. 2006;1(3):247-251. doi:10.2147/ciia.2006.1.3.247
- Kumar N, Abichandani LG, Thawani V, Gharpure KJ, Naidu MU, Venkat Ramana G. Efficacy of Standardized Extract of Bacopa monnieri (Bacognize®) on Cognitive Functions of Medical Students: A Six-Week, Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2016;2016:4103423. doi:10.1155/2016/4103423
- Chong PS, Fung ML, Wong KH, Lim LW. Therapeutic Potential of Hericium erinaceus for Depressive Disorder. Int J Mol Sci. 2019;21(1):163. Published 2019 Dec 25. doi:10.3390/ijms21010163
- Chandrasekhar K, Kapoor J, Anishetty S. A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults. Indian J Psychol Med. 2012;34(3):255-262. doi:10.4103/0253-7176.106022
8 thoughts on “Best Nootropic Stacks 2023: Highest-Rated Natural Brain Supplements for Mood & Cognition”
Where can i buy nootropic stacks
If you’re looking to buy one of the three nootropic stacks shown in this article, you can buy them on their respective websites.
Good job! Very interesting and informative, may have to read it all two or three times though to remember all the key points.
Only men can take the Hunter Focus?
Hunter Focus can be taken by women, as well. The ingredients are safe and effective for both genders.
Nice to see Mind Lab Pro here. I tried many last year, and it’s the only one that has worked for me. I haven’t tried Hunter Focus that you talk about, but I might see how that one works once I run out of my MLP. Thanks.
Great question, Erin…I was insulted as well.
My Doctor prescribed me Nuvigil for a diagnosed sleep disorder, absent alpha-delta phenomenon, which led to sleep deprivation and all the symptoms you would expect to have with it. I am searching for an alternative because of the side effects of the Nuvigil which include tachycardia, irregular heart beat, nervousness and anxiety. Could you please advise me which product you recommend? TY:)