Welcome to our updated guide to the best brain supplements, also known as ‘nootropic stacks’. Suitable for both younger adults looking to maximize their productivity, as well as older folks who want to improve their memory and protect brain function in a healthy, affordable, and safe way.
What are ‘Nootropics?’
Nootropics are compounds that improve brain functioning, like increased mental energy, information processing, mood, and memory among others.
Although it’s quite easy to define the term nootropic, there are many criteria that must be met in order for a compound to be called an actual nootropic. 
Criteria that makes a nootropic good includes:
- The ability to enhance information processing, learning capacity, and memory retention.
- Increases focus during highly demanding, stressful tasks (like studying, exercising, giving a speech).
- Protects the brain from toxins and chemicals.
- Must be 100% natural, safe and side-effect-free.
An example of a nootropic is Ginkgo Biloba. Or fish oil. Or Bacopa Monnieri. These are all individual nootropics that can be taken alone, or combined into what’s known as a ‘nootropic stack’.
What is a Nootropic ‘Stack’?
A nootropic stack is a combination of multiple nootropic ingredients. Taken together, nootropics can create specific mental benefits that otherwise they wouldn’t be able to do on their own.
For example, you might take one nootropic ingredient to improve your memory and another to enhance your mood. You may then add a third nootropic to the ‘stack’ to boost your mental energy.
This technique is what’s called nootropic stacking. It’s what allows you to augment the benefits of a single nootropic compound.
There are two ways you can go about nootropic stacks:
- Take pre-formulated nootropic stacks created by professionals
- Make your own custom nootropic stack
Below, we’re going to review the best-rated, preformulated nootropic stacks currently on the market.
Mind Lab Pro
Focus By Hunter Evolve
Performance Lab Mind
Our approach to picking out the best nootropic stacks is simple yet effective. The product must contain only natural ingredients that are backed by evidence.
We avoid scam products that can cause negative reactions, and thoroughly analyze the company as well as trial these products for 30 days, minimum.
The best nootropic stack should:
- Work fast and be effective
- Have safe, clinically researched doses of ingredients
- Improve your cognitive function
- Help reduce stress
- Have positive reviews and testimonials online
Using these criteria, we can give you a complete answer on which supplements can stand up to big names in the nootropics market.
Best Nootropic Stacks on Offer Today
#1 Overall – Mind Lab Pro
The best-reviewed brain supplement on the market. It offers impressive benefits on mood, cognition and well-being without using any stimulants.
Developed by Opti Nutra in 2015, Mind Lab Pro has seen several iterations. Mind Lab Pro features nootropics like Lion’s Mane Mushroom, CDP-Choline, L-Theanine, NutriGenesis® B vitamins, and 5 other natural powerhouse substances.
Out of the rapid-growing community of Nootropic users, Mind Lab Pro has emerged with a reputation of being one of the very finest nootropic stacks you can buy today.
We’re inclined to agree with the evaluation: Mind Lab Pro is the best all-in-one brain supplement. Some of our staff members, including Mia, Jimmy, and Andrei, are using it daily.
Mind Lab Pro’s Strengths and Key Features
Benefits of Mind Lab Pro’s nootropic stack include:
- Increased alertness and resistance to stress
- Enhanced fluidity, concentration, and clarity (without crashing)
- Stronger willpower
- Reduced procrastination
- Improved short-term memory and long-term protection
Effects last 4-6 hours with a single dose.
Your sensitivity levels will determine how you’ll perceive the effects. I notice a slight buzzing sensation similar to what you might get from caffeine but without the jitters. Plus, this sensation corresponds with a noticeable clear-headedness that enables me to work longer hours.
Get Prices: www.mindlabpro.com/
If you notice that you tend to lose focus or get distracted easily during a conversation or important task, Mind Lab Pro can help you zoom in and stay in the present moment!
Mind Lab Pro’s Unique Ingredients and Effects
What makes Mind Lab Pro one of the best nootropic stacks?
It has an innovative blend of 11 ingredients that include different classes of compounds that make its performance effective and long-lasting.
- NutriGenesis® B Vitamins (B6, B9, B12) – Nutrigenesis is a nutrition technology developed by Opti Nutra where nutrients are grown on probiotic bacteria and yeast with their co-factors, which results in nature-identical, easy-to-digest B vitamins. B vitamins are essential for proper homocysteine regulation, neurotransmitter production, and blood flow in the brain – making them especially important for older people who’re at risk of neurodegeneration. 
- Citicoline (as Cognizin®) – highly efficient brain nutrient that promotes cellular repair and growth, assisting in the formation of long-term memory.  Citicoline (CDP-Choline) is more bioavailable than some cheaper sources of choline, such as choline bitartrate.
- Bacopa Monnieri (full spectrum extract, 24% bacosides and 9 bioactives) – Ayurvedic herb that enhances memory and relieves stress. It works by optimizing serotonin upregulation and the branching of dendrites, small extensions of your brain cells that ensure optimal communication. 
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom (full spectrum) – The only known mushroom with nootropic effects. Lion’s Mane boosts Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) in the hippocampus part of your brain, which is associated with memory, mood, and a myriad of cognitive functions. Lion’s Mane also reduces inflammation on a cellular level, fighting off a whole host of diseases in the process. 
- Phosphatidylserine (as Sharp-PS® from sunflower lecithin) – PS is a phospholipid found naturally in high amounts in your brain. As a part of your brain cell membranes, Phosphatidylserine governs brain cell fluidity, integrity, and function. Supplementation has been shown to reduce stress, improve clarity, and offset some of the symptoms of cognitive decline. PS can even boost mental performance under stress, which is why athletes often take it before competitions.
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (NALT) – N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is a highly bioavailable form of the dietary amino acid L-Tyrosine. It can cross your blood-brain barrier and exert a range of benefits, including increased resistance to mental fatigue. When you’re stressed or sleep-deprived, your brain levels of dopamine are often drained. NALT helps replenish dopamine to keep you mentally sharp during mentally or physically exhaustive scenarios.
- L-Theanine (as Suntheanine®) – L-Theanine is a natural compound from green tea. It’s been shown to boost alpha brain waves which are associated with deep focus and relaxation. In addition, L-Theanine enhances GABA, a neurotransmitter that reduces anxiety and tension.
- Rhodiola Rosea Root (3% rosavins, 1% salidrosides) – Rhodiola Rosea is the best adaptogenic herb for fatigue. Used by ancient Vikings and Russian soldiers to help them endure tough living conditions, Rhodiola Rosea optimizes mitochondria in your brain cells to produce more energy. Amazingly, some research shows that Rhodiola is almost as effective (and safer) than the anti-depressant Sertraline at alleviating the blues. 
- Maritime Pine Bark Extract – Extracted from the bark of the French Maritime Pine tree (Pinus Pinaster), this nootropic boosts blood flow to your brain, resulting in better nourishment of your brain cells. Thanks to its antioxidant proanthocyanidins, Maritime Pine Bark Extract has also been shown to protect the brain from decline, in addition to clearing brain fog in both younger and older adults.
The nootropics in Mind Lab Pro promote neuron repair, proliferation and growth. They increase the expression of NGF (nerve growth factor) which triggers brain cell growth.
Mind Lab Pro’s ingredients also promote neurite outgrowth and dendrite branching. Meaning, Mind Lab Pro’s benefits last long after you stop taking it.
Who is MLP Especially For?
Much like other best nootropic stacks, Mind Lab Pro targets individuals from all walks of life. Whether you’re a busy parent, a CEO, athlete, or a high-performing individual who’s looking to enhance their brainpower for sustained thinking and deep work.
However, according to Opti-Nutra, Mind Lab Pro is just as effective for older folks who want to maintain good brain health and protect their mind from premature decline.
Dosage, Side Effects, Efficacy, and Recommendations
Efficacy: Every person is biologically unique and optimum dose depends on your sensitivity, experience, and body weight. So, as with any other supplement, experimentation is key to finding your “sweet spot” in terms of dosage. Many well-known experts, including the neuroscientist Dr. Ramon Velasquez, Ph.D., consider Mind Lab Pro to be the industry-leading brain supplement.
Any side effects? Being free of caffeine and other stimulants, Mind Lab Pro is extremely safe and unlikely to cause you any side effects. That said, a small minority of users have reported an upset stomach when taking it on an empty stomach.
- Begin with a single dose. You can take another serving if you need an extra ‘boost’ in the afternoon.
- Never exceed the recommended daily dosage on the label.
- Mind Lab Pro is designed to be healthy for long-term use; it doesn’t need to be cycled.
Recommended Dosage: 2 Plantcaps®, up to 2 times per day with a meal for optimal absorption.
Pros and Cons
- Nature-identical B Vitamins
- Produced in cGMP and FDA-approved facilities
- Eco-friendly recyclable cardboard boxes
- Highly reputable company
- Fast worldwide shipping
- Buy 3 boxes, get 1 free + free worldwide shipping
- Excellent reviews from customers and critics alike
- CDP-Choline dose is too low if you’re taking Racetams
- Premium price: $58-$65 per bottle ($1.95 per serving)
- It’s only officially sold by the manufacturer – stolen batches could be found on Amazon and eBay (not recommended as it’s not known how old the formulas are)
– Mind Lab Pro can be purchased directly from Manufacturer –
#2 – Hunter Focus
Best nootropic stack for concentration and productivity. Formulated for CEOs, entrepreneurs, and busy individuals in their 30s, 40s, 50s and beyond.
Hunter Focus is a supplement that doesn’t compromise in any department. It promises to ‘sharpen your mind and take control amid the chaos’ – and we can attest, it really does work!
Hunter Focus is designed for the successful person who needs to stay sharp and cool-headed in every situation. Whether you’re at the gym, at home, or in the office, the ability to keep your mind on the goal will give you the edge to outperform your competition and improve every day.
Hunter Focus benefits include:
- Sustained, clean mental focus
- Enhanced creativity – find inventive answers to problems
- Reach and break through your goals
- Smash deadlines
- Improved calmness and brain function under pressure
Unfortunately, many pre-made nootropic stacks tend to cheap out on the ingredients – some even hide important dosage info as ‘proprietary blends’ – but not this one.
Hunter Focus contains 9 of the safest and best-researched ingredients for nootropic stacks – and the results show it.
At the same time, we felt calm and less stressed overall – things didn’t affect us as they usually would, which we attribute to Ashwagandha in Hunter Focus, which has been shown in research to reduce cortisol by 30%. 
Importantly, Hunter Focus can work similarly to a pre-workout, keeping you energized and concentrated for longer when exercising.
Optimal dosage: 2 capsules, 2 times per day with a meal.
Hunter Focus is a premium product, costing $75. If you can afford it, it’s worth every penny. Take it for a few weeks and see for yourself.
All in all, it’s a solid 9/10 from the PDPPro team.
Pros and Cons
- 9 premium ingredients
- Big doses for maximum results
- Produced by the specialist supplement company, Roar Ambition
- Manufactured in cGMP and FDA-approved facilities
- 180 capsules per bottle
- Large servings for more potent and longer-lasting effects
- Completely natural and side-effect-free
- Fast & free worldwide shipping
- Buy 4 get 1 free
- Premium Price
- Doesn’t use caffeine if you prefer a ‘kick”
- Only available on the manufacturer’s website
– Hunter Focus is Available on Hunterrevolve.com –
#3 – Performance Lab Mind
The best nootropic stack for combining with other supplements. Extremely clean formula with 4 key ingredients in researched dosages.
Performance Lab Mind is an ultramodern brain booster that enhances the most performance-oriented mental functions that help you live life to the fullest – focus, memory and learning, and brain cell protection.
With 4 highly focused nootropics in generous doses, Performance Lab Mind is stim-free and focused on mental recovery above all, similar to the “muscle recovery” that can be accelerated with a fitness supplement.
Performance Lab Mind’s streamlined formula includes: Cognizin®, Sharp-PS® Green, and the strongest pine bark extract on the market (95% pronanthocyanidins), and more.
Benefits you’ll experience from Performance Lab Mind:
- Natural brain energy boost without the crash
- Protects the brain and restores balance after stress
- Helps you think sharper, with greater mental alertness and energy
- Good for short-term and long-term memory retention
- Enhanced performance, motivation, and attention
- Stimulates brain cell growth and proliferation for youthful cognitive health
Performance Lab Mind Key Strengths
- Patented brain-boosters Sharp-PS® Green and Cognizin®
- Vegan-friendly capsules made from fermented prebiotic fiber
- Made for stacking with other supplements
With such a light and safe formula, Performance Lab Mind was specifically formulated to be combined with other Performance Lab Supplements depending on your goals. These include:
- Stim (additional energy boost and mental recovery)
- NutriGenesis Multi (general health)
- Omega 3 (highly effective algae-derived DHA and EPA)
- Sleep (enhanced recovery)
- Vision (better reaction & visual acuity)
- MCT (healthy fats for cellular nourishment)
- Prebiotic (gut health support)
- Protein (muscle growth)
- Pre-Workout (training intensity)
- Flex (joint health)
If you want to see all of the Performance Lab formulas, head over to their official website: https://www.performancelab.com/
As for Performance Lab Mind, it’s the smartest nootropic choice for individuals with stressful lives, multitasking, and insufficient sleep. It provides dominant cognitive performance and quicker recovery from mental exertion.
Optimal dosage: 1 capsule, up to 2 times per day with meals.
Pros and Cons
- Ideal for stacking with other nootropics
- 4 patented, highly researched ingredients
- Extremely safe and light
- Designed for long-term use
- Premium NutriCaps made from easy-to-digest Tapioca fiber
- Cleanest quality formula
- Developed by a team of experts and PhD neuroscientists
- Not as aggressive as some stimulant nootropics
- Only available on PerformanceLab.com
-Mind is Available on the Manufacturer’s Website-
Why Take a Nootropic Supplement?
Why take a brain supplement? The obvious answer is that you want to improve your memory, mood, and focus. Maybe you feel your motivation can use a boost too.
The best nootropic stacks this year can do more for brainpower than most people think!
These cognitive enhancers, smart pills, or however you wish to call them, are now more effective than ever thanks to recent nootropic advancements.
- However, it can be difficult to figure out which nootropic supplements are the best.
We wrote this guide to unclutter the confuction and help you shop with confidence – picking out the very best premade nootropic stacks for overall mental performance.
If you want to protect your brain as it ages, but also improve its function overall, then definitely look into nootropic stacks – they can be game-changers!
Of the three nootropic stacks, we recommend experimenting with Mind Lab Pro first. Take it for a few weeks as directed and see what results you’ll get.
Our second-best pick is Hunter Focus, which is specifically designed for busy men who need that extra mental edge in their professional life.
Performance Lab Mind is our best-rated nootropic stack for absolute beginners. Its safe and light formula is an ideal introduction into the world of nootropics and benefits they can give you. Plus, you can safely stack it with other supplements – including multivitamins, stimulants, and even other nootropics that are in this guide!
But ultimately, because each one of us has different bioloical makeup, experimentation is needed!
The best nootropic stack can easily be different for you than it is for another person. Regardless of which you choose, be sure to follow the dosage recommendations.
Although all 3 of the nootropic stacks on our list are safe and healthy for daily use, you may give your body a break every now and then if you wish.
For our #1 nootropic stack of the year, click on the link below;
- Mao JJ, Xie SX, Zee J, et al. Rhodiola rosea versus sertraline for major depressive disorder: A randomized placebo-controlled trial. Phytomedicine. 2015;22(3):394-399. doi:10.1016/j.phymed.2015.01.010
- Selhub J, Bagley LC, Miller J, Rosenberg IH. B vitamins, homocysteine, and neurocognitive function in the elderly. Am J Clin Nutr. 2000 Feb;71(2):614S-620S. doi: 10.1093/ajcn/71.2.614s. PMID: 10681269.
- Fioravanti M, Buckley AE. Citicoline (Cognizin) in the treatment of cognitive impairment. Clin Interv Aging. 2006;1(3):247-251. doi:10.2147/ciia.2006.1.3.247
- Kumar N, Abichandani LG, Thawani V, Gharpure KJ, Naidu MU, Venkat Ramana G. Efficacy of Standardized Extract of Bacopa monnieri (Bacognize®) on Cognitive Functions of Medical Students: A Six-Week, Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2016;2016:4103423. doi:10.1155/2016/4103423
- Chong PS, Fung ML, Wong KH, Lim LW. Therapeutic Potential of Hericium erinaceus for Depressive Disorder. Int J Mol Sci. 2019;21(1):163. Published 2019 Dec 25. doi:10.3390/ijms21010163
- Chandrasekhar K, Kapoor J, Anishetty S. A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults. Indian J Psychol Med. 2012;34(3):255-262. doi:10.4103/0253-7176.106022