Pre JYM Pre Workout Powder Review at a Glance
- Designed to help you maximize the results from your workout
- 13 ingredients, most of which are backed up by science
- 300mg caffeine per serving is a bit over the top
- Comes in 2 different sizes
- Mixes well and comes in 3 distinct flavours
- Quite expensive at $38 for the smaller size
- 20 or 30 serving sizes
- Can have side effects
- Customer reviews are mixed
About Pre JYM Pre Workout Powder
This superbly formulated pre-workout powder is meant to increase strength, give you a laser-sharp focus as well as help build those muscles! It’s made by Jim Stoppani, Ph.D. who’s well-known in the fitness industry for his supplement formulas.
Some of the key benefits of Pre JYM are:
- Strength increase
- Strong muscle building
- More energy for intense sessions
- Less stress on the body
Because of added creatine, we think this product would be best suited for all the men who are looking for maximum gains (and help with the brains, too!). One issue with Pre JYM, though, is its high caffeine content, which we’ll touch upon below.
For your enjoyment, the Pre JYM Pre Workout powder is also available in 3 distinct flavours:
- Cherry Limeade
- Orange Mango
- Raspberry Lemonade.
There are two different container sizes for you to choose from – one is 500g (20 servings) and the other 780g (30 servings).
Note that you shouldn’t be using this powder if you’re intending to go to bed shortly after your session! The caffeine won’t let you fall asleep!
How to use Pre JYM Pre Workout Powder
Just mix 1 scoop in 300ml (10 ounces) of water and shake to mix well. It’s that simple!
Beware though! This product contains caffeine (equivalent to 3 cups of coffee to be exact). So if you’re sensitive to the ingredient, you may want to skip this supplement altogether.
Pre JYM Pre Workout Powder Ingredients
When it comes to its composition, this pre-workout packs a punch!
Its formulated with 13 well-known ingredients that have been proven to help prep your body for intense workouts. In addition, precise amounts of each ingredient are all listed on the packaging. Talk about transparency!
- 6 grams of citrulline malate – An amino acid that helps with performance
- 6 grams of BCAAs in the 2:1:1 ratio – A group of amino acids that have been shown to boost muscle growth.
- 2 grams of creatine HCl – Produces energy needed for heavy lifting.
- 2 grams of beta-alanine – Increases muscle strength during intense workouts
- 1.5 grams of betaine – Replenishes your body’s natural betaine stores that are lost through sweat during a workout.
- 600 milligrams of N-acetyl L-cysteine – Counteracts bodily stress caused by exercise.
- 500 milligrams of Beet Root extract – Improves blood flow and oxygen flow to the muscles.
- 300 milligrams of caffeine – Increases performance and provides laser-sharp focus. Could’ve included less to avoid side effects, though.
- 150 milligrams of AlphaSize® Alpha-GPC – Enhances brain metabolism leading to improvement in cognitive and physical strength.
- 50 micrograms of Huperzine A – more of a memory enhancer than anything else. It’s also not very safe for long-term use.
- 5 milligrams of BioPerine® – improves your body’s utilization and absorption of other ingredients.
We took to Amazon to find out what the consumers are saying. Here are their thoughts:
‘I got this one for my boyfriend! He loves it!! He said it is delicious.’
‘Got upset stomach from this one. Too much caffeine, makes me feel like crap later on.’
‘Excellent product. Good focus.’
That’s not to say that it’s a perfect product, though! Some people seem to be complaining about the taste not being great, and some even grumble that it gave them stomach upset.
Does Pre JYM Pre Workout Powder Have Side Effects?
Remember – due to its hefty composition, this pre-workout is only suitable for people over the age of 18.
What’s more, it can (as said before) cause stomach problems and sleeplessness. There’s also a risk of heart palpitations and high blood pressure if you’re not used to high doses of caffeine.
This product is unsuitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
That does it for our Pre-JYM review!
Overall, we approve of Pre JYM Pre Workout Powder and think that it’s a good choice for those seeking to improve their workout performance.
We like that the ingredients are varied and backed-up by science as suitable for endurance and muscle building.
The choice of flavours isn’t vast, but enough to find one that you like.
If you’re one of those people who look at reviews first before buying, awesome! Unfortunately, due to the reviews being mostly mixed, you may not be able to find a definite answer as to whether this is suitable for you.
All we can say, though is this – if you have some spare cash and take your workouts extremely seriously, then this may quickly become your holy grail.
Unless you’re in any way affected by the ingredients (which are listed on the packaging), then it seems to be a solid option.
The only thing we are not too sure about is the amount of caffeine added to this powder. For this reason, we’d recommend something lighter (but still as effective) such as the current market-leading pre-workouts 4Gauge or Performance Lab Pre. But if you feel like you need a mental push and a kick in the butt – give this one a try!