Pre-workout supplements might seem like they’re all the same. “Try one and you’ve tried them all.”
However, many pre workout supplements use low quality ingredients that are harder to digest; and in many cases, high doses of stimulants and synthetic flavors which only raise the risk of side effects.
- Performance Lab Sport Pre-Workout is a cleaner, smarter pre workout developed by Opti-Nutra using Setria® Performance Blend, Creapure® pH10, CarnoSyn® and NutriGenesis® nutrition technology.
With some of the most-researched patented ingredients on the market, Performance Lab Pre can boost your intensity, strength, and endurance without caffeine jitters or bloating.
The manufacturers of this product promise that, taking Pre 30 minutes before training will help you achieve peak performance and robust muscle growth afterwards.
Unlike most pre-workouts which come as powders, Performance Lab Pre has conveniently packed its best ingredients in easy-to-digest capsules. They’re made of fermented tapioca, a type of fiber that improves absorption of ingredients in your body.
Sounds good… but how many of Opti-Nutra’s claims do actually hold ground?
Our team analyzes the evidence behind SPORT Pre-Workout’s ingredients in this complete Performance Lab Pre review to find out!
*Please remember that PDPPro doesn’t offer advice; our posts are for entertainment and informational purposes only! Always get a go-ahead from a qualified professional before considering a new supplement.
Performance Lab Pre-Workout Review at a Glance
- 120 NutriCaps per bottle
- 6 caps per serving
- cGMP manufactured in the USA and UK
- Free of fillers, synthetics and common allergens
- Vegan friendly
- Boosts oxygenation and vasodilation inside muscle tissue
- Buffers acids to prolong performance
- Optimizes mitochondria for clean energy production
- Himalayan Pink Salt for intra-cellular nourishment
- Recyclable eco-friendly packaging
- Buy 3 bottles, get 1 extra bottle free ($1.32 per serving)
- Fast and free worldwide shipping options
Performance Lab SPORT Pre is Available on Manufacturer’s Website
Performance Lab Pre – How Does it Work?
Taking 6 capsules 30-45 minutes before you exercise on an empty stomach with 16-32oz of water.
- Unlike most pre-workouts that need to be cycled, Performance Lab Pre- is designed for healthy long-term use – in other words, it gets better with time..
The ingredients in this product are shown to have an effect on your mitochondria, which make energy.
Optimizing the production as well as the numbers of these tiny powerhouses in your cells means that over time, you’ll feel more energized and be able to focus for longer even after you stop taking Performance Lab Pre-Workout.
Performance Lab Pre-Workout works by:
- Supporting muscle oxygenation and blood flow through nitric oxide (NO) synthesis support
- Sustains NO levels to extend athletic benefits
- Buffers damaging chemicals that the body creates during hard training, resulting in improved endurance
- Optimizes muscle hydration
- Boosts aerobic and anaerobic exercise capacity by ramping up ATP energy production
Ingredients – What’s Inside?
Performance Lab Pre contains the following ingredients:
- Himalayan Pink Salt (350mg) (sodium content: 140mg)
- NutriGenesis® Iron+ (2.5mg)
- Setria® L-Citruline & L-Glutathione Blend (2200mg)
- Creapure® pH10 (1250mg)
- CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine (800mg)
- Maritime Pine Bark Extract (Pinus pinaster)
- (95% proanthocyanidins) (100mg)
As you’ll notice, Performance Lab’s formula is completely transparent – you’re able to see everything on the label.
Not only that, most of the ingredients are patented. Opti-Nutra have decided to go the pricey route, using cleanest-quality ingredients in precise standardized doses, which makes them more bioavailable.
In terms of the ingredients themselves, there’s a lot to like here.
Although it doesn’t have caffeine, the SPORT Pre formula impressed us with its power at boosting mental and physical performance during exercise.
See for yourself:
Himalayan Pink Salt
Training depletes your electrolytes, salt being one of them. Electrolytes are needed for proper muscle contractions, adrenal function, and even nutrient and blood supply to your working muscles.
In other words, electrolytes keep you feeling energized and healthy.
Himalayan Pink Salt is an excellent source of sodium. It will not only improve your ‘pumps’ but also enhance tissue recovery afterwards.
Iron is vital for energy production. Paula Findlay, a Canadian triathlete famously failed at the 2012 Olympics due to low iron levels – resulting in poor energy and lack of performance.
NutriGenesis is a highly bioavailable form of iron which has been grown by Opti-Nutra on probiotic cultures to mimic how these nutrients occur in nature. It’s as clean as it gets!
Setria® L-Citruline & L-Glutathione Blend
Citrulline is a natural amino acid that makes your muscles swell up. This is thanks to its ability to boost nitric oxide (NO), a molecule that widens your blood vessels. Put simply, you’ll have bigger and longer-lasting muscle pumps – and won’t need to rush in the dressing room so quickly to take a post-workout selfie!
Glutathione is another great ingredient found in this Setria® blend. Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant that lowers inflammation and can help you recover faster between sets.
Creapure is the cleanest source of creatine. Creatine is the most studied sports supplement in existence, besides caffeine. It has tremendous effects on physical performance-boosting ATP energy production in your cell’s mitochondria.
The result of this? Clean and long-lasting energy, unlike caffeine which comes with spikes and crashes.
Studies show creatine boosts mental function too. This will allow you to stay sharp and focused while lifting weights.
Beta-Alanine is the best pre-workout ingredient for delaying fatigue and helping you squeeze more reps from exercises.
You’ll feel you’re able to go harder, for longer, without getting as exhausted.
The only downside to Beta-Alanine is that it can cause a harmless side-effect called ‘Paresthesia’. Essentially this is tingling in your hands and feet, but it only happens if you take doses of Beta-Alanine that are far higher than what’s found in SPORT Pre.
Maritime Pine Bark Extract (Pinus pinaster)
Maritime Pine Bark Extract is a source of powerful natural proanthocyanidins. These antioxidants boost blood flow throughout your entire body and brain, resulting in enhanced overall performance.
Using Maritime Pine Bark Extract will make you feel more alert with higher levels of endurance and stamina.
Safety – Does Performance Lab Pre Have Side Effects?
Performance Lab Pre is stim-free which automatically slashes down the risk of the side effects associated with highly caffeinated pre-workout supplements.
It also uses sensible doses of ingredients – clinically studied for long-term safety and performance.
Not too surprisingly, Opti-Nutra didn’t stop here either.
Performance Lab Pre also uses:
- Prebioti-infused capsules from fermented tapioca (pulallan) to make them easy on your digestion
- Sports nutrition technology such as NutriGenesis®, Setria®, and Creapure® to ensure cleanliness of the formula
Overall, it’s a very safe formula that we think most people will tolerate extremely well. Even mild side effects aren’t common with this supplement.
That being said…
*You should check with a qualified professional if you aren’t sure whether to take this product or not. Remember, our posts aren’t meant as advice – they’re for informational and entertainment purposes only!
The Bottom Line
This concludes our Performance Lab Pre review.
- Overall, it’s a product that offers excellent value for money.
From clinically tested, pantended ingredients to excellent deals when buying in bulk, Performance Lab Pre is definitely worth trying if you’re looking to:
- Achieve better muscle pumps
- Break PRs in the gym
- Enhance stamina and endurance, feel less fatigued
- Enhance mental concentration and focus
- Maximize results from training
- Shorten recovery times
It is only available on the official website, which is one its downsides.
However, while it doesn’t have any caffeine, SPORT Pre delivers impressive benefits in terms of how energized it made us feel.
Overall, a big thumbs up!
Where to Buy?
For the latest info and research on Performance Lab Pre-Workout ingredients, as well as deals & prices, visit Performance Lab’s Official Website: https://www.performancelab.com/products/pre